Asian Pork salad (or stir Fry)you know what to do. Follow the pictures. I’d like to suggest you get a piece of paper out and write down the recipe. I was winging it here so to be more organized get it in order on paper. Use the photos to help guide your steps. I can’t do everything for you.
Asian Pork Salad
- Sesame seeds
- Baby cabbage
- Soy Sauce
- Pork Rashers
- Follow the steps below. Watch out for the surprise ingredients . I was tossing this together as I went so a few didn't make it into this photo
- Remember those rashers we grilled on the braai? Slice into bite size piecesPork Rashers
- Bloom white sesame seeds in pan ( fancy word for bringing out the flavours) I also call it dry fry. We are going to need about 2-3 Tbls. Keep the rest in the fridge and add to green beans or salads
- Notice the colour changes to golden brown after blooming
- Finely chop half baby cabbage as well as the stalk of celery and handful of coriander. Place into a bowl
- Grate about 4cm of ginger or less
- Finely zest the lime add to the cabbage mix
- Add the rashers to a dry pan and cook to brown
- Add 1 Tbls creamed honey (or regular) 2 Tbls soy sauce and finely chopped garlic to the rashers pan.
- Garlic in 2 Tbls soy sauce
- Nicely browned rashers before sauce is added
- Suddenly thought a pinch of Chinese 5 spice could pop these rashers. Optional not essential. Adds to flavour authenticity though if you have it use it
- Now add the honey garlic soy sauce mix
- Stir to coat the rashers once coated remove from heat to avoid burning them.
- Sprinkle 1 Tbls over honeyed rashers
- Back to salad- make dressing with 1tsp honey, 2 Tbls of Ponzu (soy also works), 2 finely chopped chilli, chopped stems of coriander, squeeze of lime and the grated ginger you prepared earlier. Add 2 Tbls water and 1 Tbls of sesame seed oil ( yes I know another surprise ingredient)
- Delicious Crispy pork rashers coated in sesame seeds and honey are irrisitable
- Mix all the salad stuff together. Add the salad dressing tablespoon at a time. Here was where I thought the sesame seed oil needed to be added. I glugged it directly into the salad after adding the dressing. It should be added to the dressing ideally
- . Worth it though
- Serve together and enjoy with a cider or beer. It's a very spicy dish. Half the chilli and ginger to tone it down. I love spices so it works gor me. You do YOU . This salad can also be stir fried and add fluffy rice to feed a big family.