Thyme and Walnut Homemade Burgers
- coconut oil
- mixed herbs
- chopped walnuts
- Finely chop 1 x onion
- Melt 2 Tbls coconut oil in fry pan
- Add 5ml mixed herbs and 7mk fresh Thyme to hot oil
- Add onion and salt to taste to herb oil fry for 5-7 min.
- Add tsp chopped fresh garlic to onion mix
- Add Handful toasted chopped walnuts and fry for another 2 min
- In a bowl add 500g fresh mince of your choice ( I used beef)
- Crack an organic egg into that and add walnut and thyme onion mix
- Mix thoroughly and shape into 6 patties
- Cover and store in fridge until ready for cooking.
- Heat coconut oil in pan and fry patties until done to your likingServe with watercress and blue cheese salad
I’m Banting so no bun for me. Bacon and avo could also go down well with this.
Brian enjoys a beer with it too although this is forbidden in the Banting diet.