#Day13 lucky for some! Running low on stock here this is what I found. Salmon and caper spaghetti 30 min from start to finish. It’s a deliciously subtle flavored dish and can be enjoyed with a big salad.
Salmon and Caper Spaghetti
- Spaghetti for 2
- Baby tomatoes
- 6 capers
- Garlic clove
- Anchovy fillet
- 80g salmon or trout
- 3 spring onions
- fresh origanum
- Custard topping
- Spaghetti for 2, handful baby tomatoes, 6 capers , garlic clove, anchovy fillet, 80g salmon or trout, 3 spring onions, generous handful of fresh origanum, 3 heaped Tbls of leftover Custard topping from last night Moussaka. ( substitute - Use fresh cream or better yet creme fraiche) 1tsp chilli
- Prepare veg as you see in photo
- Olive oil in pan. Heat. Add chopped spring onions
- Get the pasta water on the boil as soon as possible so as not to delay the sauce. This could gave been done in 20 min if I did the first.
- Add chopped garlic
- Add anchovy fillet
- Add 6 capers fry for 1 min
- Add spaghetti to boiling waterAdd halved tomatoes. Remove from the heat to wait for the spaghetti to be ready
- Add 1 tsp chopped chilli to Bechamel sauce
- Add sauce to tomato mix
- Stir and add water one Tbls at a time if you think it's too thick. Use the water from the boiling spaghetti. I use too much salt to my water so I use plain water
- Check seasoning Add salt and pepper and hot spaghe to the pan.
- Add fresh origanum stir into spaghetti and the sauce to coat
- Add the salmon and stir through. The hot spaghetti sauce will cook the salmon.
- Grate parmesan to taste. Enjoy