Grilled Yellowtail served on bed of spinach with courgette salad and chilli lime
- 250 g button mushrooms
- 4 Tbls defrosted spinach
- 2 Tbls zhoug
- lime, garlic clove, chicken stock, mixed seeds
- 1 Cup cous cous
- 3 courgettes
- 1 chilli
- grilled fish
- Grate 3 courgettes on course side of grater. Place in muslin cloth or tea towel. Gather and tie.
- On to cous cous - boil kettle measure out 1 cup cous cous, half tsp salt, 1 tsp chicken stock, 1 Tbls olive oil
- Place into bowl and add 1 cup boiling water, Fork to incorporate all ingredients
- Thinly slice peeled mushrooms and chop garlic.Add glug of olive oil to pan and then add mushrooms fry until soft 2-3 min.Add garlic.You will notice a fair amount of moisture coming off the mushrooms, cook until all has evaporated.Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Now add half the coriander and parsley which had been chopped. This is about a total of 3 Tbls combined coriander and parsley, Stir in and continue cooking for about 1 min, Now add 4 Tbls spinach
- Back to cous cous - remove lid from covered bowl and use fork to fluff up cous cous removing and lumps. Zough is a chilli and coriander type of pesto. I've put the recipe at the bottom of this post courtesy of Olive Magazine. You can use pesto if you don't want to make zough. I had some in my freezer and that's the flavour I was looking for
- Chop the rest of the parsley, grate the lime zest, finely slice the chillis and add 1 Tbls of the zough. (Pronounced zoog) mix all together and add about 3-4 Tbls of olive oil. This separates the cous cous and helps the flavours stick to the grain.
- This must only be made right before serving chop the other half of the coriander.Add that to grated courgette along with rest of zough.Salt pepper 1 Tbls mixed seeds and squeeze of lime. Mix all together
- Now plate. I acquired these rings yonks ago in the days when food stacks and towers were in fashion. Ask your handyman to cut drain pipe for you that will work. Place 2-3Tb of salad into ring and press down. Gently remove ring. Or just spoon onto plate. Scatter mushroom spinach on plateLikeCommentShare
- Use same ring for 2-3Tbls of cous cous pressing down to compact it so when you remove the ring the cous cous keeps its shapeLikeCommentShare
- Gently place your grilled fish on top of mushrooms and cous cous to create height and interest. Sprinkle with mixed seeds and drizzle with olive oil garnish with lime and fresh chilli. Enjoy
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below .