I feel like I’m winning when I get an extra portion of vegetables into my diet. It’s a double win when I have them at the start of my day and a triple win when I add chocolate. When I make my Mint choc chip Smoothy I use a plant based vegan protein along with about 60-80 grams of fresh spinach cut from my garden as needed. I grew my own spinach from seed this year and I feel so proud of myself for doing so. TREATING MY BODY with respect and nourishing her will pay dividends in the future. I am trying harder to do that and to be more mindFULL of what I feed her. As you know by my recipes shared here I do also love to indulge in a cake or two. I am trying though to balance that with spinach smoothies in the morning. Check out my virgin mojito spinach smoothie and Frozen Raspberry Smoothie ( no spinach).
I love hiding vegetables in plain sight. If you are trying to get your kids to eat more vegetables this is a great recipe to start with. I mean, who doesn’t like mint choc chip!!!!!. I’d tell them just enough to get them interested in drinking it and then surprise them with the spinach. Try it on your spouse or partner too, then let them guess what’s in it. I grind my miracle seed mix for better absorption and add the miracle seed mix after blitzing.I found that when I add it altogether with the other ingredients the texture changes and becomes sticky. Stirring a tablespoon in takes care of my hormones too.
Mint choc chip Smoothy
- 4 cubes ice
- 1 cup almond milk
- 60 – 80 g fresh spinach roughly chopped
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 1 scoop vegan protein – chocolate flavour
- 5 mint leaves
- 1 Tbls cocoa nibs
- 1 tbls ground miracle seed mix
- pick, wash and chop spinach and mint60 – 80 g fresh spinach roughly chopped, 5 mint leaves
- Add all the ingredients ,except the ground miracle seed mix, to a high speed, ice crushing blender and blitz blend until smooth.4 cubes ice, 1 cup almond milk, 1/2 frozen banana, 1 scoop vegan protein – chocolate flavour, 1 Tbls cocoa nibs
- Stir in the seed mix and add extra ice block if you like.1 tbls ground miracle seed mix